Forgotten Your Password?

Need to Register?

Question Icon

Am I able to use my 911-G.I bill BAH for a home purchase?

by friscosten564 from Milpitas, California. Jan 5th 2018 Reply

William J Acres (William_Acres)
#73 ranked lender in Arizona - 8,728 contributions

Unfortunately, Lending guidelines do not allow you to use that as income, since it's conditional and subject to you being in school.. this is a standard guidelines across all conforming guidelines including VA loans. I'm a preferred Lender with California and Arizona being my primary markets. If you or someone you know is looking for financing options, feel free to contact me or pass along my information. 480-287-5714 NMLS# 226347 / RPM Mortgage NMLS 1541014 / AZMB0121893

Jan 7th 2018
Joe Metzler (JoeMetzler)
#1 ranked lender in Minnesota - 4,344 contributions

Sorry, no. The rules for odd income, like this, alimony, child support, disability income, etc., all state that we must prove, document, and verify that the income will continue for at least three-years past the closing date. As there is no guarantee that will continue, we can't use it. Another common item here is child support. Typical child support stops when the child turns 18. But then you also see things like "or when" they graduate school. As there is no guarantee they will continue school past age 18, once a child turns 15, we generally can't use their part of child support as qualifying income. So situations like this in WI, MN, or SD, visit me at

Jan 8th 2018
Todd Glassman (Todd Glassman)
#1 ranked lender in South Carolina - 125 contributions

Sorry we don't offer a loan product for that.

Jan 9th 2018
Subscribe to our news feed.