Forgotten Your Password?

Need to Register?

Question Icon

Are there any lenders out there that will do a owner occ single family purchase and let the borrower close in his corporate name

by EmbassyFundingLLC from Tamarac, Florida. Dec 17th 2015 Reply

William J Acres (William_Acres)
#73 ranked lender in Arizona - 8,726 contributions

No.. there are NO conforming lending programs (FHA, VA, USDA, Conventional) that will allow you to close in a corporate name.. With some conventional lenders, you can close in the name of a trust, but not a corporation. Hard money or maybe a portfolio loan product might allow this, but it's highly unlikely.. For residential real estate where the owner will actually reside in the property: there comes lots of local and government laws which protect the owner occupant.. Commercial lending is a whole different world.. Those laws don't apply, and therefore, make taking back the property via foreclosure easier and they are not exposed to all the "owner occupant" type laws that can fuel lawsuits after the fact.. So commercial lending might allow you to close in a corporation so long as the corp is VERY strong, otherwise, you would need a personal guarantor (which defeats the purpose of closing in a corp.).. but will most definitely not allow it if it's owner occupied. I'm a Broker here in Scottsdale AZ and I only lend in Arizona. If you or someone you know is looking for financing options, feel free to contact me or pass along my information. William J. Acres, Lender411's number ONE lender in Arizona. 480-287-5714 NMLS# 226347

Dec 17th 2015
Subscribe to our news feed.