Forgotten Your Password?

Need to Register?

Question Icon

Can I be sued?

My dad wants to give me land through a quitclaim deed. My brother (estranged) is upset and threatens to sue. Can he? by barreira306 from Booneville, Iowa. Oct 11th 2019 Reply

Michael Creed (MichaelCreed)
#20 ranked lender in Wisconsin - 18 contributions

Probably not. If your father is still alive, that's his choice in most situations. Definitely connect with a real estate attorney, the fee would be minimal and they can do the QCD too.

Oct 11th 2019
Joe Metzler (JoeMetzler)
#1 ranked lender in Minnesota - 4,006 contributions

Anyone can sue for any reason they feel like. Winning is a whole different matter.

Oct 15th 2019
Subscribe to our news feed.