Forgotten Your Password?

Need to Register?

Question Icon

do i do VA streamline in this case?

my ex husband (divorced) was a marine and when we got married we went through VA. when we split up I got the house and have been paying the mortgage on my own for 5 years. now I would like to refinance. In this case, do I go through VA? I'm a little unsure of what my eligibility is

by g.haley08707181 from Reno, Nevada. Jan 17th 2014 Reply

Karen Mansfield (kmansf_915_841)
#581 ranked lender in California - 9 contributions

You would need to qualify for a conventional mortgage. In order to qualify for a VA loan, you must be a veteran or a surviving spouse of a deceased veteran. Please call me at 707-363-3689 for more details.

Jan 17th 2014
Joe Metzler (JoeMetzler)
#1 ranked lender in Minnesota - 4,027 contributions

He is the Veteran, not you... You can keep the existing loan, but if you would like to refinance, you no longer qualify for the VA loan.

Jan 18th 2014
Subscribe to our news feed.