Forgotten Your Password?

Need to Register?

Question Icon

First time home buyer

My fiance meets all of the qualifications for a FHA loan, I just filed bankruptcy so I would not be able to qualify but is there a way for him to use my income as supplement to his without me being on the loan or deed to a house. by wenddid906 from Gower, Missouri. Feb 2nd 2018 Reply

William J Acres (William_Acres)
#73 ranked lender in Arizona - 8,728 contributions

More info needed but the short answer is yes., but not with FHA.. First, stay away from the local bank or credit union.. they really don't have mortgage professionals.. and they are not trained in lending guidelines.. Try contacting a local mortgage banker/broker... ask about "non-borrowing occupant" household income.. This is a conventional loan product, and works in conjunction with HomeReady.. but beware, the guidelines are strict, but it is possible. You would need to sign a document stating you will be living in the home for the next year, and he cannot use 100% of your income.. I'm a preferred Lender with California and Arizona being my primary markets. If you or someone you know is looking for financing options, feel free to contact me or pass along my information. 480-287-5714 NMLS# 226347 / RPM Mortgage NMLS 1541014 / AZMB0121893

Feb 5th 2018
Sara Deere (Mortgagequeen2)
#16 ranked lender in Missouri - 608 contributions

I am able to help people with their mortgage needs throughout IL, KS, and MO. The previous response is correct in stating FHA would not be an option. Using the Home Ready Conventional mortgage program could be a strong possibility. You can contact me directly at

Feb 8th 2018
Subscribe to our news feed.