Forgotten Your Password?

Need to Register?

Question Icon

having my mobile home moved to new property, need loan...

is it possible to take out a home loan in order to have my mobile home moved from a park where it is currently onto a property, and also to purchase the property? can the cost of moving the mobile home be covered by the loan? by frayguy667 from Redding, California. Aug 4th 2010 Reply

Gregorio Denny (GVDenny)
#259 ranked lender in California - 380 contributions

Tuan, that has to be the stupidest answer I've seen posted to a question in quite some time.

Aug 5th 2010
Jeremy Gartner (JGartner)
#13 ranked lender in Illinois - 16 contributions

If you are planning to use your mobile home as a collateral for the loan - most likely the answer will be NO. There are not whole bunch of lenders out there who would finance mobile home to start with. Those who would will definitely not like the idea that you are planning to move it. Try your local bank to see if they have any portfolio programs / lines of credit for your case. In the worst case - apply for a credit card / try to get unsecured loan via local bank / try hard money lenders. Purchase of a new property is totally different scenario that you should consider separately.

Aug 5th 2010
Rudi Hofmann (CaPortfolioLoans)
#282 ranked lender in California - 380 contributions

If you want to move, it would probably be best to sell your MH in the Park.The scenario you presented is not going to happen, sorry to say. No lender ever offered all that you are asking. .... Best wishes, Rudi

Aug 7th 2010
Tuan Vo (tuan.pi)
#311 ranked lender in California - 2 contributions

Hi,We actually specialize in lending to residential mortgages only. Good luck with finding a loan for your mobile home.Best Regards,Tuan Vo

Aug 4th 2010
Subscribe to our news feed.