Forgotten Your Password?

Need to Register?

Question Icon

How do you give deed of mortgage to owner when paid up in full

by wilmar7109 from , . Jun 23rd 2015 Reply

William J Acres (William_Acres)
#74 ranked lender in Arizona - 8,726 contributions

Encumbered Real estate will have 2 separate documents associated with them.. one is the "Deed" which states who "Owns" the property.. this document does not change unless ownership changes.. the other document is a "Deed of Trust".. this is the document that states the property is encumbered by a loan. When a loan is paid off, then the lender is required to produce a "Deed of Release" and file it with the county assessors office. This is the document that says the original "Deed of Trust" has been satisfied. If you're the seller and you did seller financing, then you are required to produce and file with the county a "Deed of Release". If you're not familiar with doing one of these, a local title company can help you for a minimal fee.. I'm a Broker here in Scottsdale AZ and I only lend in Arizona. If you or someone you know is looking for financing options, feel free to contact me or pass along my information. William J. Acres, Lender411's number ONE lender in Arizona. 480-287-5714

Jun 24th 2015
Subscribe to our news feed.