Forgotten Your Password?

Need to Register?

Question Icon

I am Certified Licensed General Contractor; how to become HUD Contractor for 203K loans??? Adam

by amalik12313 from Lake Zurich, Illinois. Apr 12th 2019 Reply

William J Acres (William_Acres)
#1 ranked lender in Arizona - 8,707 contributions

If you are a licensed general contractor.. you can do repairs for FHA loans.. There is no special approval needed. But FHA consultants is a completely different story.. The FHA consultant is not the contractor.. it's a 3rd party inspector who's job is to make sure the work that required was actually required, and that it was completed and permits and inspections were done. He/she also reviews the bids and inspects the property to be sure that no items that need repair/replacement are included in the bids. Understand the consultant cannot be the contractor on the same job. Here's a link if this is something you want to look into. I'm a preferred Lender with California and Arizona being my primary markets. If you or someone you know is looking for financing options, feel free to contact me or pass along my information. 480-287-5714 NMLS# 226347 / LendUS, NMLS 1938/ AZMB0121893

Apr 15th 2019
Subscribe to our news feed.