Forgotten Your Password?

Need to Register?

Question Icon

I want to buy a home before my divorce is finalized

I am in the process of filing for divorce, I would like to purchase a home before it is finalize. I have excellent credit. What should I do, I only want my name on the mortgage by james39 from Hollywood, California. Jun 18th 2010 Reply

Gregorio Denny (GVDenny)
#256 ranked lender in California - 380 contributions

IMHO, better judgement would have you wait, but if you must, it's not that big of a deal to get done procedurally. Your name on the mortgage alone is simple enough if you qualify alone. In California, your spouses debts may be counted against you, but if you otherwise qualify, a simple inter-spousal deed signed at closing would solve the other issue; married sole and separate property on title. Gregorio Denny -- WeFixRates.Com --

Jun 18th 2010
Todd Tholl (
#4 ranked lender in Iowa - 239 contributions

Depends on the state you live in.

Jun 21st 2010
Matt Davis (Matt Davis)
#151 ranked lender in California - 52 contributions

Hi James, You would have a few ways of possibly doing this. Feel free to call or email me at or 888-PierWest (743-7937) X 701 Best, Matt Davis

Jun 22nd 2010
Rudi Hofmann (CaPortfolioLoans)
#280 ranked lender in California - 380 contributions

Not smart. Talk with your attorney. .... Happy funding, Rudi

Jun 30th 2010
Subscribe to our news feed.