Forgotten Your Password?

Need to Register?

Question Icon

I want to buy a home in Nixa Missouri with a USDA loan. It is mandatory for me to have a real estate agent represent me?

by marymorrishomes419 from San Diego, California. Dec 15th 2015 Reply

William J Acres (William_Acres)
#74 ranked lender in Arizona - 8,726 contributions

No, but why wouldn't you want one? The agent works for you and get's paid by the seller, so it costs you nothing.. Also, USDA guidelines require that any property you purchase be "Fairly Marketed" meaning listed within the Multi Listing Service for that area. If it's listed, then it's listed with an agent.. and if you put an offer in on that property, you do it through the agent.. if you don't have a real estate agent representing you, and you make your offer through the listing agent, then you need to understand that the listing agent's number one priority is to the seller.. meaning, she could have material information that she is not allowed to share with you because of their fiduciary responsibility to the seller.. so, you should absolutely have an agent working on your behalf.. I'm a Broker here in Scottsdale AZ and I only lend in Arizona. If you or someone you know is looking for financing options, feel free to contact me or pass along my information. William J. Acres, Lender411's number ONE lender in Arizona. 480-287-5714 NMLS# 226347

Dec 15th 2015
Subscribe to our news feed.