Forgotten Your Password?

Need to Register?

Question Icon

I would like to refi my two houses in Colorado. I am living and working in Spain. Which lenders can help me with this?

by beth.poema481 from , . Oct 22nd 2015 Reply

William J Acres (William_Acres)
#74 ranked lender in Arizona - 8,726 contributions

You need to contact a local mortgage broker and let him look at your complete loan profile.. If you live in Spain and work there, how do you get paid? Do you file US tax returns? Are both these properties investment or is one of them your 2nd home? Too much info missing to properly answer your question, but in general, there are guidelines that deal with your scenario, but again, we need more info.. The best advice I can give you is to contact a LOCAL mortgage broker and apply with them. Once they see your complete loan profile, they will be better equipped to advise you properly. Also, by applying with your LOCAL Broker, you have an advantage because he's familiar with local customs and works with many lenders with each one offering a different type of lending program. This is unlike the local bank which typically only has a few lending programs. The more lenders, the more lending options, and the more likely your scenario will be accepted.. Plus, the broker is experienced in seeking out the best loan terms for your particular scenario, and he has lower overhead which typically results in lower rates and fees than most of the larger lenders.. I'm a Broker here in Scottsdale AZ and I only lend in Arizona. If you or someone you know is looking for financing options, feel free to contact me or pass along my information. William J. Acres, Lender411's number ONE lender in Arizona. 480-287-5714 NMLS# 226347

Oct 22nd 2015
Joe Metzler (JoeMetzler)
#1 ranked lender in Minnesota - 4,027 contributions

The quick answer is that it may be possible, the the list of "if'" is very long. I suggest contacting a mortgage broker near the property with a LOT of experience to see if you can get this done.

Oct 22nd 2015
Sean Young (SeanYoung)
#2 ranked lender in Colorado - 1,112 contributions

Hi Beth, it depends on if you have been filing US tax returns or not. A lot more info would be needed. If you would like to discuss it you can reach me in Colorado at 303-521-7169 or email at

Oct 25th 2015
Subscribe to our news feed.