Forgotten Your Password?

Need to Register?

Question Icon

If spouse lives & works in China, how can the spouse living in US refinance? Is it possible without spouse coming back to US?

by ggsawyer581107 from Mchenry, Illinois. May 25th 2016 Reply

William J Acres (William_Acres)
#73 ranked lender in Arizona - 8,726 contributions

Much more info necessary to answer your question. In general, yes.. you can refinance a home even though one of the spouses lives out of the country. Are you financing an "owner occupied" property or an investment property? Rules will be different. How is your spouse paid.. is it in US dollars?,.. what about his supporting documentation (pay stubs, bank statements etc).. is it in English or Chinese? Does he get a W2 or 1099? The short answer is yes.. you can refinance, but you have a complicated scenario that cannot be answered in this short blog.. For this reason, I suggest you contact a LOCAL mortgage broker and apply with them. Once they see your complete loan profile, they will be better equipped to advise you properly. Also, by applying with your LOCAL Broker, you have an advantage because he's familiar with local customs and works with many lenders with each one offering a different type of lending program. This is unlike the local bank which typically only has a few lending programs. The more lenders, the more lending options, and the more likely your scenario will be accepted.. Plus, the broker is experienced in seeking out the best loan terms for your particular scenario, and he has lower overhead which typically results in lower rates and fees than most of the larger lenders.. I'm a Broker here in Scottsdale AZ and I only lend in Arizona. If you or someone you know is looking for financing options, feel free to contact me or pass along my information. William J. Acres, Lender411's number ONE lender in Arizona. 480-287-5714 NMLS# 226347

May 25th 2016
Subscribe to our news feed.