Forgotten Your Password?

Need to Register?

Question Icon

Incorrect tax statement?

My 2013 tax statement is in process of being amended through the IRS. Do I just use the one I have to apply for a loan? Or is there something that I can obtain in the meantime? by sara.bx862 from Garden City, Idaho. Oct 14th 2015 Reply

William J Acres (William_Acres)
#73 ranked lender in Arizona - 8,727 contributions

You have to provide the most recent tax return (your amended return) to the lender, but understand that this could cause a delay in processing your loan. The lender will have you sign the IRS form 4506-T. With this form, they will get a transcript of your tax returns. Your amended return must be processed in order for the transcript to show the updated return. Typically, amended returns take about 6 to 8 weeks.. some will come back sooner if they are not complex.. others might take longer if they are very complex.. It really depends on when you filed your amended return because we are approaching the deadline for 2014 tax payers who filed for an extension. October 15th is the deadline, so IRS will typically see a lot of files in these last few days before the deadline.. This will result in longer turn times for amended returns.. If you provided your un-amended 2013 return and it just so happens that the amended return is processed, then the transcript will not match your return, and this will look like loan fraud.. so you have to provide the amended return.. I'm a Broker here in Scottsdale AZ and I only lend in Arizona. If you or someone you know is looking for financing options, feel free to contact me or pass along my information. William J. Acres, Lender411's number ONE lender in Arizona. 480-287-5714 NMLS# 226347

Oct 14th 2015
Subscribe to our news feed.