Forgotten Your Password?

Need to Register?

Question Icon

Looking for ITIN mortgage. What documentation is required?

by folsom_adrienne320 from Sumner, Michigan. May 16th 2016 Reply

William J Acres (William_Acres)
#73 ranked lender in Arizona - 8,727 contributions

More info needed, but in general, there are conforming loan products which allow you to borrower with a ITIN, but you must meet legal residency requirements as well. However, there's also "Non-conforming" loan products (hard money, portfolio, private money, etc) that might allow for it as well. The question is, are you here legally? Are you on a visa? if so, what type of visa do you have? (B-1, H-1B, etc).. certain visa's expire within a few months and some a few years.. so without knowing your specific reason for using a ITIN, it's difficult to advise you.. For this reason, I suggest you contact a LOCAL mortgage broker and apply with them. Once they see your complete loan profile, they will be better equipped to advise you properly. Also, by applying with your LOCAL Broker, you have an advantage because he's familiar with local customs and works with many lenders with each one offering a different type of lending program. This is unlike the local bank which typically only has a few lending programs. The more lenders, the more lending options, and the more likely your scenario will be accepted.. Plus, the broker is experienced in seeking out the best loan terms for your particular scenario, and he has lower overhead which typically results in lower rates and fees than most of the larger lenders.. I'm a Broker here in Scottsdale AZ and I only lend in Arizona. If you or someone you know is looking for financing options, feel free to contact me or pass along my information. William J. Acres, Lender411's number ONE lender in Arizona. 480-287-5714 NMLS# 226347

May 16th 2016
Subscribe to our news feed.