Forgotten Your Password?

Need to Register?

Question Icon

Mortgage approval with part-time employment

Hello, I am looking to get a mortgage but only have a part-time job. I have 20% to put down, great credit but only a part-time job. i am recently divorced and have had my job for 4 years. Can anyone help? by jakki.k493 from Gervais, North Dakota. Aug 18th 2017 Reply


Ray Antonelli (Focused)
#67 ranked lender in Ohio - 53 contributions

If the job is more or less permanent part time and you can still debt ratio then yes you can qualify. Banks like to see no more than 43% of your gross monthly income go to pay mortgages, credit cards, student loans and car payments. The other 57% is what you live on. Food, clothes, utilities, taxes, etc.

Aug 18th 2017
3
0
Henry J Daniels, CMPSI, CMHS (HenryJDanielsNationalMortgage)
#14 ranked lender in Texas - 128 contributions

You meet all of the criteria where you can get a home, Stable job, Good credit. You can choose to put 20% down or you may put down less. There are programs that you can have a higher housing payment than conventional loans. It's just what is the maximum loan amount you can qualify for based on your part time income. Feel free to contact our office and I'd be happy to assist you and discuss the specifics of your situation.

Aug 18th 2017
3
0
William J Acres (William_Acres)
#1 ranked lender in Arizona - 8,003 contributions

This shouldn't be a problem.. if you have had the same part time job for 4 1/2 years, then that's considered a permanent position and would be considered as income for qualifying purposes.. So long as you meet all other eligibility requirements, you should be ok. I'm a preferred Lender with California and Arizona being my primary markets. If you or someone you know is looking for financing options, feel free to contact me or pass along my information. 480-287-5714 WilliamAcres.com NMLS# 226347 / RPM Mortgage NMLS 1541014 / AZMB0121893

Aug 18th 2017
3
0
Subscribe to our news feed.