Forgotten Your Password?

Need to Register?

Question Icon

My Title

can i quick claim someone to houses title temporarily? by grothoff112 from Temecula, California. Mar 8th 2019 Reply

Ray Jones (OneRay)
#897 ranked lender in California - 14 contributions

I Quit Claim deed states that all interest in the property is from now on for all time released and given up.A new Grant Deed adding you back to title can be filed at any time and will over-ride that Quit Claim.Watch out for triggering CA property transfer that can result in re-assessment of property tax value.

Mar 8th 2019
William J Acres (William_Acres)
#73 ranked lender in Arizona - 8,728 contributions

More info needed but in general.. Once you sign a quit-claim deed over to someone else, then that person now owns it.. you cannot force them to sign it back over to you.. so you would be at their mercy. Also, if there is a loan on the property, and you remove the original owners and add new owners.. then that would trigger a "Due on Sale" clause which was one of the conditions you agreed to when obtaining the loan. There might also be tax implications for both you and the person who you are deeding the property too. Realistically, if you are thing about doing this, you should spend a little money and contact a real estate lawyer familiar with your state laws. Run your scenario by them and let them tell you what could happen. I'm a preferred Lender with California and Arizona being my primary markets. If you or someone you know is looking for financing options, feel free to contact me or pass along my information. 480-287-5714 NMLS# 226347 / LendUS, NMLS 1938/ AZMB0121893

Mar 11th 2019
Subscribe to our news feed.