Forgotten Your Password?

Need to Register?

Question Icon


My sisters and I are residents, but the other adult living in the home that we are using for income does not have a SSN. can we still use his income? by presoff81 from Nogales, Arizona. Mar 14th 2019 Reply

William J Acres (William_Acres)
#73 ranked lender in Arizona - 8,728 contributions

For "Conforming" loan programs, (FHA, VA, USDA, Conventional) Their income must be documented and verified by obtaining the most recent 2 years filed federal US tax returns and/or W2's. If that person does not have a SS number, but they do have a Tax Payer Identification (TIN) number, and they file returns, then it's possible for their income to be considered. However, they must be here legally. Either a visa, or a permanent resident alien. There are "Portfolio" loan programs that allow for non citizens to purchase, but that person must still be here legally, and under these types of programs, expect very high down payment requirements and higher interest rates and fee's. I'm a preferred Lender with California and Arizona being my primary markets. If you or someone you know is looking for financing options, feel free to contact me or pass along my information. 480-287-5714 NMLS# 226347 / LendUS, NMLS 1938/ AZMB0121893

Mar 14th 2019
Joe Metzler (JoeMetzler)
#1 ranked lender in Minnesota - 4,409 contributions

The quick and easy answer is NO. Loans are only for those legally in the country.

Mar 20th 2019
Subscribe to our news feed.