Forgotten Your Password?

Need to Register?

Question Icon

Obtaining A Loan With A Visa

I am currently working in Gainesville FL on a H-1B work visa. I plan on staying in the country for a while. Will I be able to obtain a home loan in my state? by DemetriPopov from Gainesville, Florida. May 19th 2010 Reply

Gregorio Denny (GVDenny)
#255 ranked lender in California - 380 contributions

The 40% down payment answer is completely untrue and ridiculous! You may purchase property with an FHA loan (3.5% down) if you have a valid social security number, are eligible to work in the United States, (which you are on an H-1B) and plan to occupy the property as your primary residence. There will be a few hoops to jump through but it can be done. Gregorio Denny - WeFixRates.Com

May 19th 2010
Jose Perez (jpcapitalinc)
#249 ranked lender in California - 1 contribution

Yes, you can obtain a home loan, however a 40% down payment will be required.

May 19th 2010
Subscribe to our news feed.