Forgotten Your Password?

Need to Register?

Question Icon

Who offers non-Fannie Mae loans?

We are under contract for a condo built in 1999, which has 3 ground floor commercial units below 13 residential units. We are having a hard time finding a lender who will underwrite the loan because the square footage of the commercial space exceeds the Fannie Mae guideline of 20% (it's 21.7%), even though our own credit scores and finances are solid.From what I've been told, the only lenders who will underwrite a loan for this unit are those who sell to Freddie Mac (whose version of the rule allows up to 25% commercial space) or those who keep the loan in-house.Does anyone know how I can find a list of lenders that fall into this category (short of calling dozens and dozens of banks individually)? by caping_207_676 from Seattle, Washington. Sep 2nd 2011 Reply

Rudi Hofmann (CaPortfolioLoans)
#282 ranked lender in California - 380 contributions

We have a portfolio lenders that go to 40% commercial. I don't know WA lenders. You need to seek out a portfolio lender. Usually, local banks and credit unions.Happy funding, Rudi

Sep 3rd 2011
Ulysses Fletcher (ufletcher8141)
#26 ranked lender in Georgia - 245 contributions

I have many funding sources that might can fund your project.If you can send me your email address,I can send you a loan submission form and we can go from there.My email address

Sep 5th 2011
Subscribe to our news feed.