Trump has 10-point plan to reform the VA
Wednesday, January 25, 2017 -
Mortgages for Veterans - Mortgages for America -
On Friday, Donald Trump was sworn in as the 45th President of the United States of America and one of his biggest stated policies is to bring reform to the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA).
Trump has laid out his vision for VA reform in a 10-part plan that puts a large emphasis on helping veterans get the care they need, when they need it. Trump has vowed to eliminate the red tape that have back up the VA for decades.
Trump says he will transform the VA to "meet the needs of 21st century service members, and better meeting the needs of our female veterans."
President-elect Trump's 10-part VA reform plan includes:
- Appointing a new VA secretary: Trump announced last week that his pick for VA secretary is David Shulkin, a board certified physician and current VA undersecretary for health. Shulkin is known around Washington as a "turnaround artist" for helping struggling hospitals. The VA secretary position requires senate confirmation.
- Punish damaging employees: Trump says he will use the Office of the President to punish federal employees and manager who violate the public's trust and fail to perform on the behalf of veterans. He will also ask Congress to give the VA secretary the power to do the same.
- Investigate corruption: Trump will create a commission to investigate alleged fraudulent activities, cover-ups and wrong-doings at the VA.
- Answer veteran complaints: A hotline, which will be operated 24-hours a day be a live person, will be added to the White House to field veteran complaints of wrong-doing at the VA. Trump says he wants to ensure to complaint falls through the cracks.
- Improve veteran healthcare: Ensuring all veterans have access to affordable healthcare through the VA and in the private sector is a top priority for the Trump administration. The President-elect promises that no veteran will die waiting to receive medical care.
You can visit Trump's official website to read the rest of his 10-point plan.
Equity Mortgage Lending
Owings Mills, MD
Clifton Park, NY
GSF Mortgage Corporation
Cape Coral, FL