Today marks the end of the week, and since it was NFP day, the big focus was on the employment report known as Non-Farm Payroll. The estimated number of new payrolls was 170K, and the actual data indicated 265K new payrolls created, This is a substantial difference, and the kind of thing which would typically send rates higher in a hurry. The fact that rates held steady today is somewhat surprising, but we are not out of the clear yet. We will likely see the true impact, if any, going into next week. It appears as though domestic data has truly taken a back seat to global economic concerns. Check back here on Monday to get the most up to date mortgage rates and news.
Bookmark this page for daily mortgage updates:
• 30 year (FRM) rates at 3.37% (+0.00%).
• 15 year (FRM) rates at 2.71% (+0.00%).
• FHA 30 year Fixed rates at 3.25% (+0.00%).
• Jumbo 30 year Fixed rates at 3.46% (+0.01%).
• 5/1 ARM rates at 2.84% (+0.01%).
Didn't find the answer you wanted? Ask one of your own.