Today we saw bonds relatively unchanged. The massive improvement in New Home Sales surprisingly didn't inspire any movement downward in bonds, rather the move following the release of new home sales data actually was an improvement in MBS. Treasuries gave up some ground in the afternoon, but MBS didn't follow. Tomorrow's 5 year auction is capable of causing some movement in the bond markets. It seems as though the bond markets are anxiously awaiting Fed chair Yellen's announcement this Friday. Bonds seem to be in consolidation mode recently, with potential for movement late this week and/or early next week. Check back here tomorrow for more rate updates and mortgage market news,
Bookmark this page for daily mortgage updates:
• 30 year (FRM) rates at 3.41% (+0.00%).
• 15 year (FRM) rates at 2.75% (-+0.00%).
• FHA 30 year Fixed rates at 3.25% (+0.00%).
• Jumbo 30 year Fixed rates at 3.52% (+0.00%).
• 5/1 ARM rates at 2.83% (-0.01%).
Didn't find the answer you wanted? Ask one of your own.